President Benigno Aquino III has the following powers;
1. Executive Power- Power to enforce and administer laws.
2. Power of Appointment
3. Power of Removal
4. Power of Control- (Control- power of an officer to alter, modify, nullify or set aside what a subordinate has done in the performance of his duties.)
5. Military Powers- a. Commander-in-Chief
b. Suspension of the Privilege of Writ of Habeas Corpus and Declaration of Martial law.
6. Pardoning Power- It is discretionary and may not be controlled by the legislature or reverse by the court, unless there is a constitutional violation.
7. Borrowing Power- The President may contract or guarantee foreign loans on behalf of the Republic.
8. Diplomatic Power- There will be no treaties or international agreements shall be valid and effective unless concurred in by the 2/3 of all members of the Senate.
9. Budgetary Power- Within 30 days from the opening of every regular session, the President shall submit to Congress a budget of expenditures and sources of financing including receipts from existing and proposed revenue measures.
10. Informing Power- The President shall address the Congress at the opening of the regular session , he can also appear before it anytime.
11. Residual Power- "Whatever is not judicial, whatever is not legislative, is residual power exercised by the President."
12. Other Powers.